- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 5 cloves garlic peeled
- 1/3 cup coconut cream unsweetened coconut milk often has the cream separated on the top of the can; if not, just use the milk
- 3/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate chicken overnight or for at least 3 hours (see recipe).
- Prepare marinade in a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients except chicken; process until smooth. Pour half of this mixture into a covered container and refrigerate.
- Place chicken in a large zipper topped plastic bag; pour remaining pesto on top. Seal bag and turn to coat chicken with marinade; refrigerate overnight or for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Remove chicken from marinade (discarding marinade and bag) and grill for 5 to 8 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Remove reserved pesto from refrigerator; place it in a small saucepan and warm over medium heat; serve as a sauce over chicken.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Grilled eggplant and a big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!