Lamb Meatballs with Mango Dipping Sauce
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper de-seeded and finely chopped
- 2 slices center-cut bacon finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large mangos pitted, skinned and cubed
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- DO-AHEAD TIP: If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes before using, to prevent them from burning on the grill.
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH.
- In a large bowl combine first 10 ingredients (lamb through oil); blend thoroughly with your very clean hands then shape into 2-inch balls.
- Slide meatballs onto skewers and grill for 10 to 13 minutes, constantly turning skewers to cook evenly on all sides.
- In a food processor or blender, combine mango cubes, cider vinegar, and honey; process until smooth. Serve mixture as a dipping sauce for meatballs.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and “baked” sweet potatoes (if desired, “bake” in a slow cooker or on the grill to keep your kitchen cool).
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!