Easy Stovetop Tuna Pasta
- 12 ounces elbow macaroni or other medium pasta shape, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 4-oz. jar pimentos diced
- 9 ounces frozen green beans thawed and drained (blot water with paper towels)
- 1 1/4 cups skim milk
- 6 ounces low fat cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 6-oz. can white albacore tuna packed in water drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in the pasta pot; add the onion and cook until translucent.
- Return drained pasta to the pot then stir in basil, pimentos, green beans, and milk; cover and simmer for 2 minutes or until mixture is heated through.
- Add cheese, tuna, and parsley and gently stir until cheese melts; salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A relish tray of cherry tomatoes, baby carrots, radishes, celery sticks, cucumber spears and whole black olives. VEGETARIAN: Skip the tuna and add grated zucchini and yellow squash when you add the green beans. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure pimientos are gluten free. Use gluten free pasta. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 360 Calories; 6g Fat; 25g Protein; 51g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 19mg Cholesterol; 350mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Grain (Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!