Crock Cooker Chicken
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 2 small onions thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 skinless chicken thighs
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 14.5-oz. can low sodium chicken broth
- Place the baby carrots in a crock cooker then cover with sliced onions.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken and brown evenly on all sides; layer over baby carrots and onions in slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and thyme then pour cider and broth on top.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or until baby carrots are tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Drain cooking liquid into a saucepan; simmer over medium heat until reduced and slightly thickened.
- Serve sauce over chicken.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and Faux-Tay-Toes (see Day 4 directions). SERVING SUGGESTION: Instead of Faux-Tay-Toes, serve mashed russet potatoes. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure cider and broth are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 232 Calories; 8g Fat; 25g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 80mg Cholesterol; 365mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!