Chicken and Olives
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 1 large green bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and cut into strips
- 21.75 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 6 ounces Kalamata olives chopped, plus optional garnish (or use black olives)
- 6 4-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook rice in time for dinner.
- Place all ingredients, except rice, in a slow cooker; stir. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve chicken mixture over hot rice and top with additional chopped olives, if desired.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve stir-fried zucchini and yellow squash on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure tomatoes and olives are gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 356 Calories; 10g Fat; 31g Protein; 35g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 882mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!