Cherry Balsamic Steak
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 2 cups cherries pitted and halved
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 1/2 pounds beef flank steak
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate steak overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe).
- Prepare marinade in a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients except steak; pulse until slightly smooth.
- Place steak in a large zipper topped plastic bag; pour marinade on top. Seal bag and turn to coat steak with marinade; refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Remove steak from marinade, reserving marinade. Grill steak for 3 to 6 minutes per side or until the desired level of doneness is achieved.
- Place reserved marinade in a saucepan over medium-high heat; cook for 3 to 5 minutes then reduce heat and simmer for 8 minutes or until reduced and thickened; serve over steak.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with a little olive oil and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture).
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!