Veggie Fish Foil Pockets
- 6 6-oz. firm fleshed white fish fillets
- 2 leeks cut into strips
- 2 heads fennel cut into strips
- 2 medium carrots julienned
- 2 medium red bell peppers de-seeded, de-ribbed and cut into strips
- 10 sprigs fresh dill
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons white wine (or use white grape juice with a splash of cider vinegar)
- Heavy-duty aluminum foil wrap
- Preheat outdoor or indoor grill. Cut six 12- X 14-inch rectangles of foil wrap. Place a fish fillet on each square; fold up the edges of the foil to create a ‘dish’; evenly top each fish fillet with vegetables, dill, salt and pepper and 1/2 tablespoon of wine (or juice/vinegar). Fold edges of foil packets together and seal completely. Grill for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Be careful of the hot steam when opening the foil pockets.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed red potatoes and steamed asparagus. VEGETARIAN: Use tempeh instead of fish. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure wine (or juice/vinegar) is gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 199 Calories; 2g Fat; 32g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 73mg Cholesterol; 161mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!