Spanish Beef and Noodles
- 1 pound 95% lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 1/4 cups egg noodles uncooked medium
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes un-drained
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices turkey bacon cooked and crumbled
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Prepare bacon. In a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid, cook ground beef, bell pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in noodles, tomatoes, water, chili sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring frequently. Top with bacon.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Buttered corn on the cob and a big salad. VEGETARIAN: Use TVP crumbles instead of beef. Skip the bacon or use soy bacon. KOSHER: Make sure ground beef is certified kosher. Skip the bacon or use soy bacon. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure tomatoes, chili sauce and bacon are gluten free. Use gluten free noodles. NUTRITION: Per serving: 315 Calories; 5g Fat; 12g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 49mg Cholesterol; 515mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!