- 5 cups low sodium tomato juice
- 1 cucumber peeled, seeded, and diced
- 3 plum tomatoes seeded and diced, Roma
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 green onions chopped (use both green and white parts)
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- hot sauce to taste
- 1 15-oz. can salmon drained and flaked
- Parsley or cilantro chopped for garnish
- lime wedges for garnish
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Chill combined veggies for 2 to 4 hours (see recipe). In a large glass bowl, combine first 8 ingredients (tomato juice through hot sauce); cover and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours. Just before serving, add the salmon to the soup. Serve in bowls topped with chopped parsley or cilantro and garnished with fresh lime wedges.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A big green salad topped with crumbled bacon. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add some crusty bread and butter. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure tomato juice and hot sauce are gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 205 Calories; 4g Fat; 25g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 55mg Cholesterol; 158mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 3 1/2 Vegetable. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!