Rosemary and Mustard Crusted Lamb
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 6 habanero chilis de-seeded and chopped
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate chicken overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe). Prepare marinade: In a food processor, combine all ingredients except chicken. Place chicken in a large zipper topped plastic bag; pour marinade on top; seal the bag and shake to coat chicken completely. Open the bag and carefully squeeze to remove air. Seal the bag and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours. Preheat outdoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade and bag. Grill chicken for 5 to 8 minutes per side or until cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and baked sweet potatoes (“bake” in a slow cooker to keep your kitchen cool, if desired).
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!