Pork Chops in Pepper Gravy
- 6 inch boneless top loin pork chops about 1/2-thick, 4-oz.
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning divided
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper divided
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups skim milk
- Sprinkle both sides of pork chops evenly with 1/2 teaspoon of poultry seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper. In a shallow dish, combine flour and remaining poultry seasoning, salt and pepper; dredge pork chops, reserving remaining flour mixture. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add pork chops and cook for 5 minutes per side or until done; transfer to a serving platter and keep warm. In a medium bowl, whisk together reserved flour mixture and milk; add to the skillet and bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes or until gravy has thickened, whisking constantly. Serve gravy over pork chops.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Mashed russet potatoes, steamed baby carrots and steamed petite green peas. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of pork chops. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken breast halves instead of pork chops and use soy milk. GLUTEN FREE: Use gluten free flour. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 206 Calories; 7g Fat; 25g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 53mg Cholesterol; 361mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!