Mediterranean Crock Cooker Turkey
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives pitted
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomato halves oil-packed, drained cut into strips
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 3/4 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 3-pound boneless skinless turkey breast trimmed
- 1/3 cup low sodium chicken broth divided
- 2 tablespoons flour
- In a slow cooker, combine first 9 ingredients (onion through turkey); add 1/4 cup of chicken broth. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours or on HIGH for 3 hours. In a small bowl, combine remaining chicken broth and flour to a smooth paste; add to slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 30 minutes. Slice turkey and serve with sauce. LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of mixed baby greens, sliced red onion and plum (Roma) tomatoes, tossed with red wine vinaigrette.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with orzo topped with a little sauce and grated Parmesan cheese. Add some garlic toast. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure olives, tomatoes, Greek seasoning and chicken broth are gluten free. Use gluten free flour. NUTRITION: per serving: 351 Calories; 5g Fat; 59g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 141mg Cholesterol; 715mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 7 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!