Marinated Flank Steak
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 6 green onions chopped, divided
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds beef flank steak trimmed
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate flank steak overnight (see recipe). In a large zipper-topped plastic bag, combine vinegar, oil, sugar, soy sauce, half the green onions, the garlic, and pepper; add flank steak, seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight. Preheat outdoor or indoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH; remove steak from bag (discard marinade and bag) and grill to desired level of doneness. Transfer steak to a cutting board and allow it to rest for 10 minutes before thinly slicing across the grain (diagonally); garnish with remaining chopped green onion.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Grilled OR stir-fried zucchini, yellow squash and red onions; serve a big spinach salad on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add buttered corn on the cob. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar and soy sauce are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 315 Calories; 22g Fat; 106g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 55mg Cholesterol; 547mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 15 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 16
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!