Grilled Shrimp and Chorizo
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 8-oz. package Spanish chorizo roughly chopped
- bamboo skewers or metal
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate shrimp for 2 hours (see recipe). If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes before using, to prevent burning on grill. In a large bowl, whisk together first 5 ingredients (garlic through olive oil); add shrimp and chorizo and toss well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Preheat outdoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Alternately thread shrimp and chorizo on skewers; grill for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until shrimp are pink and opaque.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Mexi-Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; toss with salt, pepper, chili powder and ground cumin to taste; add chopped cilantro and green onion and toss again. On the side, serve big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!