Flavor-of-Summer Steak Kabobs
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 dash ground allspice
- 2 large New York strip steaks or cut of your choice, cubed
- 1 large pineapple peeled, cored and cubed
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- bamboo skewers or metal
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate beef cubes overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe). If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before using, to prevent burning on grill. Prepare marinade: In a medium bowl, whisk together first 9 ingredients (honey through allspice). Place beef cubes in a large zipper-topped plastic bag and pour marinade on top; gently squeeze the bag to remove air. Seal the bag and shake to thoroughly cover beef cubes with marinade; refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours. Preheat outdoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Prep pineapple and tomatoes. Remove steak cubes from marinade, discarding marinade and bag. Alternately thread steak cubes, pineapple cubes and cherry tomatoes on skewers; grill for 3 to 6 minutes per side or until beef cubes reach desired level of doneness.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; mash with a little olive oil and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture).
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!