Curried Pork Kabobs
- 1 cup low fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound lean pork tenderloin cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 bamboo skewers or metal
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate pork overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe). If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes before grilling, to prevent burning. In a medium bowl, combine first 7 ingredients (yogurt through ground ginger); blend well. Add pork cubes and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours. Preheat outdoor or indoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Remove pork from marinade and lightly pat dry with paper towels. Thread pork cubes evenly onto skewers and grill for 10 minutes or until nicely browned and cooked through.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: Use soy yogurt and use boneless skinless chicken thigh meat instead of pork. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: per serving: 182 Calories; 5g Fat; 27g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 364mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!