- 8 Granny Smith apples peeled, cored and chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 large bunches arugula
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
- 3 tablespoons low fat mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup water
- Place apples in a large bowl and toss with lemon juice. Wash and trim arugula and add to the bowl with the apples; add walnuts and toss to combine. In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients; drizzle mixture over salad and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced cucumber and plum (Roma) tomatoes on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add some whole grain rolls and butter. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure mayonnaise and vinegar are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 171 Calories; 6g Fat; 3g Protein; 29g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 3mg Cholesterol; 55mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fruit; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!