Sweet & Savory Turkey
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 4 cups chopped boneless skinless turkey breast cooked
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded red cabbage
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 12 cups mixed salad greens
- In a small bowl, whisk together first 5 ingredients (vinegar through honey); add red onion. Let dressing sit at room temperature for about 1 hour before serving. In a large bowl, combine turkey, celery, cabbage and raisins; add dressing and toss well to coat; chill. Serve turkey salad over a bed of salad greens.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve whole grain rolls and butter on the side; add a bowl of raw baby carrots. VEGETARIAN: Instead of turkey, use 15 ounces cannellini beans, drained and rinsed or homemade. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar and mustard are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per serving: 356 Calories; 6g Fat; 42g Protein; 34g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 98mg Cholesterol; 255mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fruit; 1 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!