Sweet and Sassy Pork Kabobs
- 3/4 pound boneless pork chops
- 1 medium orange peeled and cut into 8 pieces
- 1 medium green bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and cut into 8 pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and cut into 8 pieces
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- bamboo skewers or metal
- DO-AHEAD TIP: If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes before using, to prevent burning.
- Preheat indoor or outdoor grill to MEDIUM.
- Grill pork chops for 5 minutes per side or until done; cut into twelve 1-inch pieces. On each skewer, alternately thread 3 pork cubes, 2 orange pieces, 2 green bell pepper pieces and 2 red bell pepper pieces. Grill kabobs for 8 minutes, turning occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine orange juice, tomato paste and ground ginger; blend well. Brush half of this mixture over the kabobs and grill for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn kabobs and brush with remaining sauce; grill for 2 minutes or until bell peppers are tender-crisp.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve kabobs over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add stir-fried zucchini, yellow squash and mushrooms on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve kabobs over brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken breast meat instead of pork and adjust cooking time as needed. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure tomato paste is gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 140 Calories; 4g Fat; 16g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 38mg Cholesterol; 65mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 3
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!