Southwestern Crock Meatloaf
- 1 pound 95% lean ground beef
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 1/3 cup oatmeal
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 egg white
- olive oil
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- In a large bowl, combine first 8 ingredients (ground beef through egg white); blend well with your very clean hands then mold the mixture into a lightly oiled crock cooker; brush ketchup over the top.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or on HIGH for 4 hours.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Mashed russet potatoes, steamed baby carrots, and braised kale. VEGETARIAN: Skip the beef, egg, and oats. Add 15 ounces each of garbanzos and black beans (drained and rinsed or homemade), substitute salsa for the ketchup and add 2 cups of TVP crumbles in the last hour of cooking. KOSHER: Use kosher ground beef. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure Picante sauce, oats, and ketchup are gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 274 Calories; 3g Fat; 11g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 21mg Cholesterol; 323mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 3
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!