Shrimp, Asparagus and Penne Pasta
- 1 1/2 cups Penne pasta uncooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound asparagus spears sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 3/4 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 21.75 ounces diced tomatoes with basil garlic and oregano
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add asparagus, onion, garlic, and shrimp; sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add oregano, crushed red pepper flakes, and tomatoes; cook over medium-low heat 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Stir in cooked, drained pasta; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of Romaine lettuce, sliced red onion, English cucumber and tomatoes, tossed with your choice of dressing. VEGETARIAN: Use extra-firm tofu cut to the approximate size of shrimp. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken breast meat cut to the approximate size of shrimp. Skip the Parmesan. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure canned tomatoes are gluten-free. Use gluten-free pasta. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 191 Calories; 5g Fat; 17g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 89mg Cholesterol; 171mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!