Orange Glazed Pork Tenderloin
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 quart water
- 2 1/2 cups frozen orange juice concentrate thawed
- 1 pound pork tenderloins
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- olive oil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Let pork sit in the brine for 45 minutes.
- In a large bowl, dissolve salt and sugar in the water; add tenderloins and let stand for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, cook orange juice concentrate over low heat until reduced by half; stir in garlic and Italian seasoning; remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove pork from brine; rinse and pat dry then brush pork with orange glaze; set aside.
- Preheat outdoor grill and coat the rack with a little olive oil. Place tenderloins on the hot grill rack, close lid and grill until well-seared, about 7 minutes.
- Turn tenderloins then close lid and grill until well-seared on the second side, about 6 minutes longer.
- Turn off the gas grill (or move the tenderloins to the cooler side of a charcoal grill); cover them and allow them to sit until a meat thermometer reads 150 degrees, about 5 minutes longer.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed new potatoes and steamed broccoli spears. VEGETARIAN: Instead of pork, use a faux roast (such as Quorn). KOSHER: Use a kosher beef roast instead of pork. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure Italian seasoning is gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 288 Calories; 5g Fat; 32g Protein; 26g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 98mg Cholesterol; 7602mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; ½ Fruit; 0 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!