Mexican Beef Patties
- 1 cup chopped plum tomatoes Roma
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeño
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt divided
- 1 pound 95% lean ground beef
- 2.25 ounces canned diced green chilis
- 1 1/2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- olive oil
- 1/4 cup shredded low fat Cheddar cheese
- Prepare salsa: In a medium bowl, combine first 5 ingredients (tomatoes through lime juice); stir in 1/8 teaspoon of salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, diced green chilies, taco seasoning mix and remaining salt; blend well.
- Divide mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch patty.
- Coat a large skillet with a little olive oil over medium heat; add beef patties and cook for 6 minutes per side.
- Top each patty evenly with cheese and cook for 2 minutes or until burgers are done and cheese has melted.
- Serve patties with salsa.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big green salad on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add buttered corn on the cob. KOSHER: Make sure ground beef is certified kosher and use your favorite soy cheese (or skip it). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure canned green chilies and taco seasoning mix are gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 319 Calories; 3g Fat; 13g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 33mg Cholesterol; 293mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 2
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!