Lamb Stuffed Zucchinis
- 4 large zucchinis
- 1 1/2 pounds ground lamb
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 green chilis de-seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cashews
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 egg
- Heavy-duty aluminum foil wrap
- Preheat outdoor grill to MEDIUM.
- Halve each zucchini lengthwise and scoop the flesh into a large bowl, leaving a hollow “shell”. Set shells aside.
- Chop zucchini flesh; add remaining ingredients (ground lamb through egg) then, with your very clean hands, blend the mixture well.
- Fill zucchini shells with lamb mixture (it’s okay to over-stuff them!) and place them on a grill tray or vegetable basket lined with foil wrap; loosely cover with more foil wrap, making sure it doesn’t touch the tops of the stuffed zucchini.
- Place stuffed zucchini on grill; cover and cook for 20 to 35 minutes or until meat mixture is cooked through.
- Remove foil wrap for the last 5 minutes of cooking time. If you don’t have a grill tray or basket, make a disposable one out of foil wrap.
- Any extra lamb mixture can be shaped into meatballs and grilled.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Grilled eggplant and braised kale.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!