- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter divided (add a little olive oil so it won’t burn)
- 1 cup chopped plum tomatoes Roma
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 4 6-oz. fish fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup white wine or use white grape juice with
- splash cider vinegar
- 4 Lemon wedges
- Heat half of the butter and a little olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add chopped tomato, bell pepper, green onions and the garlic; sauté for 3 minutes or until fragrant.
- Remove from pan and set aside. Sprinkle fish fillets with thyme, salt and pepper.
- In the same skillet, heat remaining butter and a little olive oil; add fish and sauté for 3 minutes per side or until nicely browned.
- Return tomato mixture to the pan and add the wine (or juice/vinegar); stir for a few minutes (mixture will thicken slightly and most of the wine will evaporate, leaving the flavor behind).
- Continue to cook for just 1 minute or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and a big green salad. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed new potatoes tossed with butter and chopped parsley. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure wine (or juice/vinegar) is gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 208 Calories; 6g Fat; 31g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 85mg Cholesterol; 143mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!