Chicken Spinach Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken tenders
- 1 cup barbecue sauce divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 20 ounces spinach torn
- 1 1/2 cups diced red onion
- 1 11-oz. can Mandarin orange sections drained
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken tenders and half of the barbecue sauce; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add sauce-coated chicken and stir-fry until chicken is cooked through then toss with remaining barbecue sauce.
- Arrange spinach, onion and orange sections on dinner plates; top with chicken. Serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a bowl of raw baby carrots on the side; add some whole grain rolls and butter. VEGETARIAN: Use extra-firm tofu instead of chicken tenders. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure barbecue sauce is gluten free. NUTRITION: Per serving: 235 Calories; 5g Fat; 30g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 490mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!