Sweet and Tangy Chuck Roast
- 1 1/2 pounds beef chuck roast
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, quickly sear the roast (for 30 seconds to 1 minute per side).
- Place chopped onion in a slow cooker then place seared roast on top.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (apple juice through salt) till fully combined; pour over roast in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or until beef is fork-tender.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with a little ghee (or olive oil) and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture).
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!