Saucy Italian Beef Roast
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1 1/4-lb. beef rump roast trimmed of all visible fat
- 12 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 ounces pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup red wine or use low sodium beef broth
- In a cup, combine salt, garlic powder and pepper; rub mixture over roast then place it in a slow cooker and top with mushrooms and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together pasta sauce and wine (or broth); pour mixture over beef and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until beef is fork-tender.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and a big green salad. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add garlic-mashed russet potatoes. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure pasta sauce and wine (or broth) are gluten free. NUTRITION per serving: 301 Calories; 9g Fat; 34g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 82mg Cholesterol; 551mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!