Mediterranean Tuna Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces Rotini pasta or use Twists or Spirals
- 1 6-oz. can solid white tuna packed in water drained and flaked
- 1 medium zucchini diced
- 1 red bell pepper ribs and seeds removed, diced
- 1 medium tomato peeled, seeded and chopped
- 3 green onions sliced
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives optional
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (in slivers)
- 6 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and transfer to a large bowl; cover and chill.
- Add tuna, zucchini, bell pepper, tomato, green onions and olives; toss gently.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients and pour over the pasta mixture. Toss together lightly and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced tomatoes and cucumber on the side. VEGETARIAN: Skip the tuna and substitute 15 ounces of cannellini or other white beans, drained and rinsed or homemade. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure olives (if using) are gluten free. Use gluten free pasta. DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook and chill pasta, if desired. NUTRITION per serving: 268 Calories; 8g Fat; 15g Protein; 34g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 20mg Cholesterol; 380mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!