Lemon Spaghetti with Chicken
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
- 24 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 16 ounces Spaghetti uncooked or use Linguine pasta
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat.
- Add chicken and brown until cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes; remove from saucepan and set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients to saucepan, except pasta. Bring mixture to a boil then add pasta, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Return chicken pieces to the pasta mixture; cover and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big spinach salad on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties and use vegetable broth. KOSHER: Use olive oil instead of butter. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth is gluten free. Use gluten free pasta. NUTRITION per serving: 453 Calories; 6g Fat; 32g Protein; 67g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 54mg Cholesterol; 322mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fruit; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 12
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!