Indian Cauliflower Supper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground fennel
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon wasabi powder more or less, depending on your heat tolerance
- 2 cups cauliflower chopped
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 28-oz. can diced tomatoes
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven or large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat; add onions and sauté until translucent. Add the 5 spices and cook for 1 minute, stirring often.
- Next, add the chopped cauliflower; blend well. Add the water then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until cauliflower is tender-crisp.
- Add tomatoes; raise heat to medium-high and cook until tomatoes are heated through.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big baby spinach salad on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add whole wheat couscous. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure canned tomatoes are gluten free. NUTRITION per serving: 100 Calories; 3g Fat; 4g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 37mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 3
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!