Grilled Monterey Chicken
- 4 slices turkey bacon
- 4 plum tomatoes chopped, Roma
- 4 6-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 ounces Monterey Jack cheese sliced
- 1 cup shredded low fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 6 cups baby spinach
- Preheat indoor or outdoor grill or oven broiler. Cook turkey bacon; cool, crumble and set aside. Chop tomatoes and set aside.
- Grill chicken breast halves, turning to brown on both sides.
- As soon as chicken comes off the grill, while it is still piping hot, top with a slice of Monterey Jack cheese, some crumbled bacon and chopped tomato; finally, sprinkle with shredded Cheddar cheese (the heat from the chicken will melt the cheeses and make this nice and gooey).
- If you don’t get the cheese on the chicken in time to melt it, you can put it in the oven, under the broiler, for a few minutes.
- Serve on a bed of baby spinach.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Stir-fried zucchini, yellow squash and red bell peppers. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed red potatoes. KOSHER: Skip the cheeses and double the bacon. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure bacon is gluten free NUTRITION per serving: 359 Calories; 12g Fat; 54g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 130mg Cholesterol; 590mg Sodium. Exchanges: 7 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fat. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!