Grilled Mango Scallops
- 3 pounds scallops about 18
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 mango pitted, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons raw honey
- bamboo skewers or metal
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate scallops for 3 to 4 hours (see recipe). Soak skewers in water for 30 minutes before grilling, to prevent burning, if using bamboo.
- Rinse scallops and pat dry; place in a large bowl and set aside. In a blender or food processor, combine remaining ingredients (olive oil through honey); pulse until smooth; pour mixture over scallops; cover and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours.
- Preheat indoor or outdoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH.
- Remove scallops from marinade (discarding marinade) and thread them onto skewers; grill for 3 minutes per side or until done (don’t overcook or they’ll become rubbery!).
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and a big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!