Ginger Shrimp Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp peeled and deveined, about 30
- 2 large shallots peeled
- 1 2-inch piece ginger peeled
- 3 cloves garlic peeled
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 16 ounces mixed baby greens
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate shrimp for at least 2 hours (see recipe).
- Place shrimp in a large bowl or shallow baking dish; set aside. In a blender or food processor, combine remaining ingredients except salad greens; pulse until smooth; pour mixture over shrimp. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat indoor or outdoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Remove shrimp from marinade and grill for 2 minutes per side or until opaque; set aside.
- Pour marinade into a large skillet over medium-high heat; bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 4 minutes; whisk for another 5 minutes; remove from heat and set aside.
- Arrange salad greens evenly on dinner plates; top with grilled shrimp and drizzle with cooked marinade (dressing).
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced tomatoes and cucumber on the side.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!