Flounder with Lemon Sauce
- 1 3/4 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 large lemons
- 4 6-oz. flounder fillets
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a small saucepan, bring the sugar and water to a boil; remove from heat and cool.
- Juice the lemons into a small bowl and strain. Add half of the sugar syrup to the lemon juice, adding more sugar syrup until the desired balance of sweetness and tartness is reached; cool to room temperature.
- Season flounder fillets with salt and pepper then drizzle with olive oil. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat; add fish then lower the heat to medium.
- Cook until well-browned on one side (about 3 minutes) then turn and cook for 1 minute. Serve flounder topped with lemon sauce.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A big bowl of coleslaw (use a ready-made mix and toss with mayo and a little rice vinegar). Add sliced plum (Roma) tomatoes and cucumber. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed new potatoes. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION per serving: 233 Calories; 5g Fat; 32g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 82mg Cholesterol; 609mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!