Dijon Pork Chops
- 5 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 6-oz. pork chops
- olive oil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate pork chops overnight or for at least 8 hours (see recipe).
- In a small bowl, combine first 4 ingredients (mustard through Worcestershire).
- Pour 2/3 cup of this mixture into a large zipper-topped plastic bag; add pork chops, seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting. Coat the rack of an indoor or outdoor grill with a little olive oil then preheat grill to MEDIUM.
- Drain marinade from pork, discarding marinade and bag. Grill chops, covered, for 6 to 10 minutes per side or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
- Discard any remaining marinade.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). SERVING SUGGESTION: Instead of Faux-Tay-Toes, serve baked sweet potatoes (“bake” in a crock cooker to keep your kitchen cool). KOSHER: Use boneless skinless turkey breast cutlets instead of pork chops and use vegetarian Worcestershire sauce. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure mustard, apple juice and Worcestershire sauce are gluten free. NUTRITION per serving: 269 Calories; 8g Fat; 32g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 413mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!