Blackberry Balsamic Chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large shallot thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 teaspoons minced rosemary divided
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 6-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon ghee or use olive oil
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons red wine
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shallot and 1 teaspoon rosemary. Season chicken with salt, pepper and cumin then add to the skillet.
- Reduce skillet heat to medium-low and cook chicken for 6 to 8 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, melt the ghee (or heat olive oil) in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add blackberries and, using a spatula, press down on the berries to extract their juice.
- Add balsamic vinegar, red wine and remaining rosemary. Reduce heat to medium and whisk for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer sauce until reduced. Serve sauce over chicken.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and baked sweet potatoes (“bake” in slow cooker to keep the kitchen cool).
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!