Three Peppers and Beef Stir-Fry
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch divided
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar divided
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 green onions sliced
- 2 teaspoons ginger freshly grated
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 3 cups snow peas
- 2 1/2 cups red bell pepper chopped
- 2 1/2 cups yellow bell pepper chopped
- 2 1/2 cups green bell pepper chopped
- In a large bowl, combine 1 teaspoon of cornstarch, 1 teaspoon of brown sugar, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add steak slices and toss well to coat; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining cornstarch, remaining sugar, beef broth, soy sauce, and pepper to taste until sugar dissolves; set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add green onions, gingerroot, and garlic; stirfry for less than 1 minute or until you can smell the gingerroot.
- Add beef slices and stir-fry for 3 or 4 minutes or until done; remove from skillet or wok; set aside and keep warm.
- Add snow peas and bell peppers to the skillet or wok and stir-fry till tender-crisp.
- Return beef to the skillet or wok along with broth mixture; cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
NUTRITION per serving: 274 Calories; 9g Fat; 27g Protein; 21g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 57mg Cholesterol; 524mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!