Salmon with Wilted Balsamic Spinach
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 4 salmon steaks 6-oz.
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 cups spinach
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine vinegar and sugar; bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer until sauce has reduced by half; set aside.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add salmon steaks and cook for 4 to 6 minutes per side.
- Place spinach in a large bowl; add the warm balsamic sauce, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and toss well.
- Evenly arrange wilted spinach on dinner plates and top with salmon steaks; serve.
NUTRITION per serving: 226 Calories; 7g Fat; 36g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 88mg Cholesterol; 206mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5 LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar is gluten-free.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!