Peachy Keen Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 medium shallot chopped
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 4 large peaches peeled, pitted and chopped, fresh or frozen
- 2 teaspoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- Preheat indoor or outdoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Brush chicken lightly with olive oil and season each side with salt and pepper to taste. Grill for 6 to 9 minutes per side; set aside and keep warm.
- Heat a little olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shallot and garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Stir in gingerroot, chicken broth, chopped peaches, honey and tomato paste.
- Bring mixture to a low boil then reduce heat and simmer for 4 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- To serve, pour the sauce over the grilled chicken.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli and a big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!