Hearty Slow Cooked Tomato Lamb Stew
- 1 1/2 pounds lamb roast trimmed and cubed
- 2 long links smoked sausage cooked and chopped
- 2 medium carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 medium red onions chopped
- 5 medium vine-ripened tomatoes cubed
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- DO AHEAD TIP: Cook and chop sausage.
- Combine all ingredients in a large slow cooker; blend well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or until lamb is fork-tender.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add braised kale on the side.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!