Grilled Eggplant Parma
- 1/2 cup part-skim Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 cup basil leaves sliced
- 1 large eggplant cut lengthwise into 4 slices
- 2 medium tomatoes sliced
- Heavy-duty aluminum foil wrap
- Preheat outdoor or indoor grill or oven broiler. In a medium bowl, combine cheeses and basil; set aside.
- Place eggplant slices on a lightly greased grill and cook for 4 to 5 minutes; turn and cook for another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Top eggplant with tomato slices and cheese/basil mixture; cover lightly with foil wrap and grill for 2 minutes or until cheese has melted.
NUTRITION per serving: 115 Calories; 4g Fat; 8g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 11mg Cholesterol; 155mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 3 LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of mixed baby greens, sliced red onion and halved cherry tomatoes, tossed with red wine vinaigrette. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add Angel Hair pasta tossed with a little butter, grated Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!