Florentine Vegetable Ragout
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning crushed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 28-oz. can diced tomatoes un-drained
- 1 14.5-oz. can low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup macaroni noodles uncooked
- 15 ounces small white beans drained and rinsed or homemade
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, onion, and Italian seasoning; cook for 5 minutes or until mushroom liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in flour until well blended.
- Add tomatoes, broth, and macaroni; bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
- Stir in beans and spinach; cook for 3 minutes or until heated through.
NUTRITION per serving: 226 Calories; 4g Fat; 13g Protein; 38g Carbohydrate; 10g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 166mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 6 SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of mixed baby greens, sliced red onion and halved cherry tomatoes, tossed with red wine vinaigrette; add some garlic toast. VEGETARIAN: Use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure Italian seasoning, canned tomatoes, broth, and beans are gluten-free. Use gluten-free flour and pasta.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!