Cuban Spicy Pork
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 6-oz. boneless pork chops
- 1/4 cup green chili salsa
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- In a cup, combine cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and chili powder; rub mixture on both sides of pork chops.
- In a large zipper-topped plastic bag, smoosh together remaining ingredients (salsa through lime juice); add seasoned pork chops, seal bag and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate overnight or for at least 1 hour. Preheat outdoor or indoor grill; cook pork chops for 5 to 8 minutes or until done.
NUTRITION per serving: 247 Calories; 8g Fat; 31g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 652mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6 LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Stir-fried zucchini and yellow squash; add a big green salad. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add “baked” sweet potatoes (“crock” them to keep your kitchen cool). KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of pork chops. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure salsa is gluten-free.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!