Crock Smothered Steaks
- 3/4 pound flank steak trimmed
- 2 large onions sliced
- 2 large green bell peppers de-seeded, de-ribbed and sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 2 medium stalks celery sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/2 cup water
- Place steaks in a slow cooker; top with remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours or until steaks are fork-tender.
NUTRITION per serving: 208 Calories; 7g Fat; 20g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 43mg Cholesterol; 87mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 5 LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese, and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve mashed russet potatoes instead of Faux-Tay-Toes. KOSHER: Make sure steaks are certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!