- 6 boneless pork chops
- 1/3 cup dry white wine or use white grape juice with a splash of cider vinegar
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 14.5-oz. can stewed tomatoes chopped
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- DO AHEAD TIP: Cook rice in time for dinner.
- Place pork chops in a slow cooker.
- Stir in wine (or juice/vinegar) and remaining ingredients, except rice.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour then adjust the heat setting to LOW and cook for about 3 1/2 hours.
- Serve with the brown rice.
NUTRITION per serving: 592 Calories; 10g Fat; 42g Protein; 79g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 258mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 15 SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve garlic sautéed baby spinach on the side. VEGETARIAN: You are having baked potatoes tonight, garnished with your favorite toppings such as cheese, sour cream, chives, broccoli, or meatless chili. Prick 6 large baking potatoes with a fork, wrap them in aluminum foil and place them in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of pork chops. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure wine (or juice/vinegar), broth, Italian seasoning, and canned tomatoes are gluten-free.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!