Cranberry Turkey Burgers
- 1 pound extra lean ground turkey or use ground beef
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2/3 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat outdoor or indoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH, or oven broiler.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly combine all ingredients; form into 4 patties.
- Grill/broil patties for 5 to 7 minutes per side or until meat is no longer pink in the center. Serve immediately.
NUTRITION per serving: 163 Calories; 3g Fat; 28g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 63mg Cholesterol; 84mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 4 LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A big bowl of broccoli slaw tossed with sunflower seeds, mayo, and a little rice vinegar. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve patties on lightly toasted whole wheat burger buns with the usual burger condiments; add a bowl of raw baby carrots on the side. KOSHER: If using beef, make sure it’s kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure oats are gluten-free.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!