Chicken and Bean Pasta
- 1 pound Rigatoni pasta OR another medium pasta shape
- 15 ounces black beans drained and rinsed or homemade
- 2 cups boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked and chopped
- Optional garnishes:
- sour cream
- cheddar cheese shredded
- Roma plum tomatoes diced
- green onions chopped
- cilantro chopped
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook and chop chicken.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside. In a saucepan over medium heat, warm the beans; set aside.
- Arrange pasta on dinner plates; top with beans and chicken and garnishes of your choice.
NUTRITION per serving: 427 Calories; 3g Fat; 32g Protein; 66g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 46mg Cholesterol; 275mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 1/2 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fat. Points: 10 SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big salad on the side. VEGETARIAN: Omit chicken and double the black beans. KOSHER: Skip the dairy garnishes. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure beans and salsa (if using) are gluten free and use gluten free pasta.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!