Cherry Pork Chops
- 4 6-oz. boneless pork chops
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ghee or use olive oil
- 1 large shallot thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch chopped sage
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup cherries pitted and halved, fresh or frozen
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Heat a little olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add pork chops and cook for 4 to 7 minutes per side; remove from skillet and keep warm.
- To the same skillet, melt the ghee (or heat olive oil) over medium-high heat.
- Add the sliced shallot and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add vinegar, mustard, sage, and chicken broth; bring to a boil then add cherries; stir for 2 minutes then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce is reduced and thickened.
- Serve sauce over pork chops.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans tossed with a little ghee (or olive oil) and slivered almonds. Add “baked” sweet potatoes (“bake” in crock cooker to keep your kitchen cool).
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!