Cajun Shrimp and Seared Tomatoes
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined (26 to 30)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons ghee or use olive oil
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 - 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- Rinse shrimp and pat dry; place in a large bowl and toss with all spices.
- Melt the ghee (or heat olive oil) in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp and cook for 2 to 4 minutes per side or until shrimp are pink and opaque (don’t overcook them or they’ll become rubbery!).
- Remove from skillet and set aside. Halve grape tomatoes lengthwise.
- In the same skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add tomato halves, salt, pepper, and garlic powder; sauté for 3 minutes per side or until tomatoes become very tender and wrinkled.
- Serve tomatoes over shrimp.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big spinach salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!